I just finished reading one of the most powerful books I’ve ever picked up.
It’s called “The Slight Edge” and is written by Jeff Olson. If you are looking for a book that can help you change your life/business/relationships for the better, this is the book for you.
In this post, I will share some of my favorite quotes from the book. Unfortunately, I cannot share them all as it would take a very long time because there are so many good quotes.
The book I am reading now is called “Trust Agents”. Once finished, I will be sure to share some great quotes from that book too.
Before sharing quotes from “The Slight Edge” I wanted to share this photo.
The photo above sums up the gist of the book very well.
Each day, we make a multitude of what seem to be “tiny, insignificant” decisions. However, those decisions compounded over years/decades define the quality of your life.
Are you making daily decisions that lead you up the success curve, or down the failure curve?
Without further ado, here is a list of some of our favorite quotes from the book!
1. “What I came to realize is that the information about how to become successful has always been readily available, but if the person absorbing that information doesn’t have the right philosophy to apply it the right way, success will elude their grasp.”
2. “If you don’t change your thinking, no amount of how-to’s will offer a real solution. It’s not the “hows,” it’s how you do the “hows.””
3. “Focusing on the actions is not enough, because it’s the attitude behind the actions that keeps those actions in place.”
4. “A value-driven attitude says, “What can I do to help you? An entitled attitude says, “What have you done for me lately?”
5. “Your philosophy is your view of life, something beyond feelings and attitudes. Your philosophy drives your attitudes and feelings, which drive your actions.”
6. “That the things you do every single day, the things that don’t look dramatic, that don’t even look like they matter, do matter. That they not only make a difference – they make all the difference.”
7. “Everything you need to do to transform your life is easy to do. Simple little disciplines that, done consistently over time, will add up to the very biggest accomplishments.”
8. “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.”
9. “It’s never too late to start. It’s always too late to wait.”
10. “A simple, positive action. A simple error in judgement. Either way, it’s the Slight Edge at work – working for you or working against you.”
Consider this Part 1 of our favorite quotes from “The Slight Edge” – with plenty of more to come.
Have you read “The Slight Edge”? What is your biggest takeaway from it?