I recently studied the introduction to an online course called “High Traffic Academy” by Vick Strizheus. In the four part video series he shared some golden nuggets and I’m really grateful to him – I’d check him out if you don’t know who he is yet! Below you will find the five pillars of strategic influence he talked about.
But first, let me explain why this blog is so important for anyone in sales (and that’s pretty much anyone who owns their own business)
For some people, making a sale is a lot more difficult than it should be. If you find yourself having to convince someone with tons of follow up emails, or overcoming a plethora of objections to make a sale – you’re doing something wrong.
Making sales should be easy, and it is, when you look at things from a different angle.
For example, instead of seeing your product or service as something you need to get someone else to pay for, see it for what it is – your product or service should be something so valuable that you simply allow others to benefit from it if/when they’re ready to do business with you.
* In order for this to work, you absolutely 100% must be providing a product or service that delivers massive value to your customer, or you’ll fall flat on your face time and time again.
Thanks to social media and the ability to give potential clients a glimpse into who you are and what your business stands for way before any “sale is made”, you can build influence in advance that will go a long way in helping you “makes sales” much easier.
Below are FIVE PILLARS to strategic influence.
When used wisely and for the greater good of your clients, you too will “see the light” and remove the headaches associated with having to convince people that your product or service is the right one for them.
Instead, you will have people lining up to do business with you because they can see and FEEL that you are the right choice for them – and money/budget will be no issue.
Now, study these five pillars and then live and breathe them, so you too can take your business to the next level.
- Do not do things incrementally better – STAND OUT RIGHT AWAY
- Do not do anything that causes you to be seen as “another salesman”
- Selling is easy and price is irrelevant when buyer perceives you as having all the power
- POWER PYRAMID:
- Celebrity/Authority/Specialist (this is where you want/need to be)
When you at least reach “Authority” you will not be questioned, you’ll be seen as an expert and you will feel powerful because you can say yes or no to potential clients – remember, it’s not what you say but how you say it!
- Selling is a transfer of feeling
- People buy BY feelings (emotions)
- People ACTUALLY buy feeling
- People buy in response to YOUR feelings
- People buy by bonding with the seller, SHARED feelings
- Less than 10% of people use “price” as one of top 3 determining factors when making a buying decision
- 90% of sales people sell as if 90% of their prospects buy based on price (this is wrong)
- No system = being at mercy of the prospect’s system for not buying
- Build an emotional commitment to buy before ever presenting a proposition
- Hook > Lead Magnet > CTA
- Motivate, inspire, educate and create a positive expectancy
- Make your marketing an “event” (lead up, doors open, doors close)
- Practice and get comfortable saying NO to prospects
- Don’t sell, ALLOW your prospects to become customers
- LEAD BY EXAMPLE > prospects will do what you do, and will respond to what you respond to and feel how YOU feel
> Do you have any other ways/ideas on how to build strategic influence? If so, please share them – we are all friends here doing our best to help each other succeed!