When you choose RODA marketing, you are choosing proficiency and experience, as well as our passion for delivering value, support and results to your business.
As part of our efforts to provide exceptional service and bring value, we are also dedicated to establishing strong relationship with our clients, so we took time to create an “Employee Spotlight” segment where we offer a more personal aspect of our business.
Today, our staff spotlight is on Matthew Roda:
1. What is your role at RODA marketing?
I handle sales and strategy. I am also the project manager for our website design and development projects. Because I’m co-owner of the company, I do a bunch of other things too, but the ones listed above take up most of my time.
2. How long have you worked at RODA marketing?
Since day one, which was in August of 2010.
3. What is your favorite thing about working at RODA marketing?
Our team because we love what we do, we have fun doing it, and we get our clients great results because of our passion.
4. What has been your favorite project while at RODA marketing?
Building our company from nothing to something great. We have experienced growth year after year from our inception and it is because we are supported by an incredible team and loyal client base.
5. What is your proudest moment at RODA marketing?
Each year, we set lofty goals for yearly revenues generated. For the first five years, we got close to our goals but fell short each time. Last year (2016) we surpassed our goal and it felt awesome! This year, we are on pace to reach our goal again.
6. Explain your company in one sentence.
A dedicated team of creative and passionate marketers who focus on the relationships we build with our clients and the results we deliver to them.
7. What do you do for fun outside of work?
Obstacle course races, especially Spartan races. Going for hikes and trips to the beach with my wife, Helen, and two dogs – Athena and Buddy Boy. I also enjoy meditating and reading books about leadership and growth.
8. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
The beach. Give me sand and give me an ocean and I am a happy camper.
9. What 3 words would your friends use to describe you?
Determined, happy, optimistic.
10. Tell us 3 things most people don’t know about you.
I studied law in college with the intention to become a lawyer, I have driven across the country (PA to CA, CA to PA) five times, I don’t like being around a lot of people at once.
11. What is your favorite quote?
“Do or do not, there is no try.” – Yoda
12. If you could witness an event past, present, or future, what would it be, and why?
World peace, because nothing would make me happier than seeing everyone being kind to everyone.
13. Do you have a secret talent?
I can hide my bottom eyelashes (I flip them inside).
14. What do you miss the most about being a kid?
Playing outside all day with neighborhood friends.
15. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
Boy Meets World.
16. If you could be on any TV game show, which one would it be and why?
Deal or No Deal because it’s a game of chance but also requires a little strategy.
17. What was the last thing you heard or saw which made you laugh out loud?
Watching my puppy run after a ball and do a backflip when he tried to stop to grab it because he’s not coordinated enough to pull that off yet.
18. What’s the one piece of advice you would give others about life?
Do what makes you happy and do not be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and do something others think is not possible.
19. Name one item from your bucket list.
Visit Machu Picchu.
20. If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?
To have an unlimited amount of wishes to be granted.
21. Do you have a motto or personal mantra?
22. What was the last book you read?
Extreme Ownership – Leadership Lessons from the Seal Team by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin.
23. Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who?
Justin Guarini from American Idol (when I had my afro back in the day)
24. What person in your life has had the greatest influence on the person you have become?
My dad taught me to do every job/task to the best of my ability, no matter how important or unimportant the job/task seemed to be.
For all of your Internet marketing, digital marketing, content marketing, SEO, web design, and brand recognition needs – trust RODA marketing and our dedicated and proficient Lancaster, PA team to deliver value and results to your business.